Angela M. Majors
Realty ONE Group First National - TENNESSEE
6423 Summer Gale Dr
Memphis, TN 38134
Phone: (901) 255-2745
Cell: (901) 309-1337
Email: angelamsells2004@yahoo.com
 

Cordova was a farming village east of Memphis with fewer than a dozen farms when it was founded in 1835. Cordova was renowned for the freshly cut flowers that were shipped to Memphis, Tennessee thus the town's motto was "Farms, Flowers and Fellowship"
 

Cordova has changed its name several times. Originally, it was known as Allentown, then Marysville, then Dexter. In 1888 the Dexter post office was opened. In 1900, the name was changed to Cordova. The town most likely changed its name to "Cordova" so not to be confused with another town named Dexter that was located on the same NC&St.L railroad line that ran through town.

Cordova, TN

 
 

© Realty One Group

Handcrafted by Blueroof360